Lexington’s First Airport

Meadowthorpe was known as Halley Field, Lexington’s first airport, located on Meadowthorpe Farm. Owned at the time by Dr. Samuel Halley, in use since 1921 it officially opened May 28, 1927, and was dedicated June 11 of that same year. World-famous aviator Col. Charles Lindbergh landed here on March 28, 1928.

Historic Meadowthorpe Neighborhood is located near the heart of Downtown Lexington.

Founded in October of 1949, Meadowthorpe is the site of Lexington’s first airport and the home of friendly, welcoming neighbors proud to live in Meadowthorpe.

FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
Neighbor images
RECENT NEWS